AGLA Awards to be awarded at the AGLA Update Meeting
On the occasion of the AGLA Update Meeting on January 11, 2018 in Bern, the Swiss Atherosclerosis Association (AGLA/GSLA) will award the following three prizes for outstanding research work in cardiovascular disease:
Swiss Lipid Research Award 2017 for promising young researchers
– The prize is awarded for outstanding basic or clinical research work in lipidology/atherosclerosis disease.
– Applicants must be no older than 40 years at the deadline for submission. They must be working in a hospital or another institution in Switzerland.
– The prize winner will be selected by an independent prize jury, consisting of the AGLA president and some of its board members, representatives of different Swiss universities, and one representative of AMGEN Switzerland AG.
– The prize is endowed with CHF 30 000 and is donated by AMGEN Switzerland AG. It will be exclusively dedicated to basic or clinical research in lipidology in Switzerland.
– Applications should be submitted until August 31, 2017.
– The winner of the Swiss Lipid Research Award 2017 will give a short presentationof the submitted research project at the AGLA Update Meeting on January 11, 2018 in Bern.
– For further information, please visit www.amgen-swiss-lipid-research.ch.
Two Awards on Clinical Excellence in Lipidology 2017:
– Walter Riesen Award for the best publication by a young researcher: The prize recognises the best publication on lipidology and/or atherosclerosis by a young researcher in the ongoing or previous year. The prize is endowed with CHF 5000 donated by Sanofi.
– Award for Research Abroad, supporting a young researcher’s work abroad: The prize is awarded to a young researcher to support his/her visit of a research facility abroad to carry out a scientific project on lipidology/atherosclerosis. The prize is endowed with CHF 10 000 and is donated by Sanofi-Aventis (Suisse) SA.
– Applicants for the Walter Riesen Award/Award for Research Abroad must be under 45 years of age at the deadline of submission and must be working in a hospital or another institution in Switzerland.
– The prize winner will be selected by an independent prize jury, consisting of the AGLA president and some of its board members.
– The winners will give a short presentation of their research publication or project, respectively, at the AGLA Update Meeting on January 11, 2018 in Bern.
– For further information, please visit www.sanofi-atherosclerosis-research.ch
Published under the copyright license
“Attribution – Non-Commercial – NoDerivatives 4.0”.
No commercial reuse without permission.